Hello friends! Here’s a recipe to help you beat the insane heat this summer. Watermelon Agua Fresca,
This watermelon agua fresca is made with fresh watermelon, sugar, lemon and orange juice, all blended together into a flavorful refreshing drink. The best part, it that it comes together in minutes!!
Summer is in full swing and the weather here in the East Coast has been unbearable… No outdoors entertaining for this gal these days! A pool or air conditioning is the only way to neat the heat lately. One way to cool things down a bit is by making drinks with fresh ingredients.
And what does AGUA FRESCA mean? It is simply the Spanish term for cool water. A non-alcoholic drink made from one or more fresh fruits that are blended with sugar and water.
HOW DO YOU MAKE WATERMELON AGUA FRESCA?
This drink is a simple combination of fresh watermelon, sugar, lemon, orange juice and water that gets blended together for a light and refreshing blast of fruity flavors.
The first step in making the agua fresca is to blend together watermelon, lemon, orange juice, ice and sugar. The watermelon mixture gets strained and mixed with water and you’ve got agua fresca! I like to make my watermelon agua fresca extra pretty by garnishing it with fresh mint sprigs and watermelon wedges on the glass rims..
- 1 watermelon small, and seedless
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp of sugar or to taste
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
- Watermelon wedges for garnish
- 1 cup ice
STEPS TO MAKE AGUA FRESCA
1. Chop up a small watermelon into cubes. If your watermelon has seeds, pick them out before blending .
2. Transfer the cubes to a blender.
3. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange into the blender.
4. Add sugar and ice.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Squeeze the blended juice through a sieve. Serve with a few sprigs of mint and watermelon wedges for garnish.
Summer entertaining doesn’t have to be complicated. Easy and stress-free drinks will allow you to spend more time enjoying your company.
Stay cool friends.